Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's Gonna Be a Bright, Bright, Sunshiney Day!

Wow, I can't believe how great a day this has been! I got up this morning feeling pretty tired and not really wanting to get out of bed. I had an optometrist appointment so sleeping in really wasn't an option. So I drag my butt out of bed, shower and get ready to go. I get out into the kitchen and there was a nice big coffee waiting for me! Matt picked one up for me on the way home from work. Awww what a sweetie hehe. It was absolutely delicious and I'm still buzzing from the massive caffeine overdose lol.

Anyway I get to the optometrist and have my check up. I still have perfect vision. He doesn't see my vision changing for a long time. He said barring some unforeseen circumstance, he can't see me needing glasses until well into my 40s or 50s, and even then I'll likely only need reading glasses. So that's some good news! He said to still get my eyes checked every few years, but that he doesn't see any problems at all. Another great start to my morning!

Next stop, the daycare. I got the good news from my doctor in TO yesterday that I can go back to work! I wanted to tell them in person so I drove down to the daycare for a visit. I got to see some of the kids, play a bit and visit with the girls. It was nice to be in there again. I really missed the place. I got to visit and chit chat and everyone is excited for my return. Especially Stephanie lol. The poor girl has had to deal with the SACC kids on her own basically, for three months. So I'm excited to go back and see all my kids, and the parents again.

As I was leaving the daycare I ran into one of my parents. She saw me and said she had something for me. She opens her van door and hands me a small brown envelope. She said it was a late valentine's gift. I smiled, said "Oh, thank you very much!" and stood and talked with her for a few minutes. She was bringing one of her little guys in for the day so we parted ways. When I got in the car I opened the card and it was a $75 gift card for the mall! Talk about exciting! There was a really nice letter in there as well. It said,

"We want you to know how much we appreciate all that you do everyday. We see the extra patience, the extra creativity and the extra love that you give to all the children in your care. You help give the foundation of learning and living to our children. You also teach us through your example how to be better parents. Thank you very, very much."

I was very touched! It's things like this, (the sentiments, not the gifts) that make my job amazing. When I went into the daycare I went to visit the toddler room and the kids all came up to me and hugged my leg, and ran over to me when I was in the chair, giving me huge hugs. I missed that. I love their smiles and their kisses. They give their love so willingly. They love everyone so blindly, and trust you with everything they have. That's what makes my job so amazing.

So after all of that, it's not even 4 hours after I woke up and it's been an amazing day. My day could end right now and I'd be the happiest girl in the world. But just think, it's only 11:42, imagine all the other good things that can happen!

So as I sit here, my bunny is sleeping peacefully on his side under the dining room table, the tv is murmuring quietly in the background and Matt is sleeping soundly in the bedroom after a hard night's work. The sun is shining in the patio door bringing promises of springtime. I see the snow melting, the trees waving in the breeze with the first breath of spring, and the grass is poking it's head out for a warm spring kiss. The first day of spring has sprung with abundance and I can't wait to start gardening again.

Sara
-Who's really enjoying her day today.