Wednesday, August 23, 2006

OH THE PAIN!!!.....but what a delightful pain....

My title is somewhat misleading....

I went to an osteopath today, my first time ever. Matt and I went into her office, discussed my soreness, what's been bugging me, etc....and it came time for the assesment. I honestly, couldn't believe it. I knew things weren't right, and I was having a lot of pain, but I didn't think it was that bad. I was in such a mess. My pelvic bone was misaligned, my L2 and L5 vertibraes were misaligned, my knees were twisted, my shoulders were messed up, even my wrists were misaligned. My jaw was crooked and the joint on the right side of my jaw was jammed up into the socket because the muscles were so screwed up, there were problems with my cranium and neck.....I was just a mess. I was in there for an hour total...I got tugged, twisted, and popped....I got poked, squeezed and massaged.....and in the end I felt so relaxed, so unbelievably loose. There were some points when she was "fixing" me, I could feel things pop into place.

The biggest problem, and the main reason I was there, was for my jaw. That was the most painful part of the whole session. She said it was so bad, she warned me it was probably going to hurt like hell. Guess what??? IT DID!!!....but when she was done...holy crap, it was unreal! When I yawn, I can yawn straight, I no longer have to worry about only "half yawning" because of the pain.....I can have a flip-top head and not have any pain. My teeth touch where they're supposed to, and I can finally eat again on that side of my mouth. She was explaining how everything that was wrong was almost all linked to my jaw problem. The muscles would get so tense from my daily activities that it would spread into my neck, down my back, and I would compensate for the pain. She decribed symptoms to me, asking me if I had ever had ringing in my ears, really bad headaches, sharp pains, and dizziness....and it was all related to the muscles in my jaw!!! It just blew me away.

She fixed my knees...and my knees haven't been that straight in years. When I extend my legs now they look straight, they don't look crooked anymore. She put my shoulders back into place, and popped my pelvice back where it's supposed to be. The great thing about all the work she did? She didn't touch one bone. She didn't have to put pressure on my spine, nothing. She did all by manipulating my muscles, and forcing my body to go back the way it's supposed to.

I also got into trouble from her...*sheepish look*...she asked me if I tended to focus a lot on my left side when eating, or talking to my kids, or if I do things like bite my lips, etc. I am HORRIBLE for biting the left side of my mouth. I'm always biting my lower lip on the left side. She said between biting my lip, sleeping on my left side all the time, and being a stomach sleeper, I really messed up my body. Sooooo....I'm under strict sleeping orders, and she said if I keep biting my lip I'm in big trouble lol.

When I left her office today I was so relaxed, and I felt so free....all my joints felt they had all just been given a fresh start. LOL Freshly oiled so to speak.

I will definitely go back to her whenever I need a realignment.

Sara
-Who can't believe how good she feels.