Saturday, March 04, 2006

Alien Invasion...George Bush Style...

I had the oddest dream last night! (Yes, it was even worse than the Willis Adventure!) Matt, Karla and myself were camping just outside of a city (no city I recognize at all). We were laying outside the tents looking at the sky. Matt had fallen asleep, as did Karla. I kept watching the sky and saw some interesting flashes that I thought were lightening. I kept watching, waiting for the oncoming storm. I could hear very faint rumbling sounds. Suddenly it changed to an interesting yellowy-orange colour and it started dancing across the sky. More colours were joining in, and soon it was an impressive display of colour dancing across the sky and through the clouds. I thought it was the most incredible display of Northern Lights so I promptly woke up Matt so he could watch it. I could the rumbling getting louder, accompanied by a screeching sound. I was dazzled by what I was seeing and hearing. Matt woke up and was watching with me. We watched for about 30 seconds when we suddenly felt the earth shake and a loud booming sound, not an explosion but definitely something high-impact. Suddenly about 500 feet beside us we watch as a missle comes dropping from the sky and lands, imbedding itself into the ground. Instant panic hits and we start running into the city. It's mass panic as people in the streets are running everywhere, screaming, looting, and all around hysteria. Suddenly all the tvs turn on and focus on the strangest looking being.


Our initial reaction when the bombing first began was that Baby Bush was finally taking his hostility out on Canada (despite that his mirror image just got elected as our leader!). The being started to speak on the television and announced that the invasion had begun. The missiles that had just been imbedded in the ground were set on timers and were also controlled by a remote detonator. If we didn't comply with their rules, or live inside their means random missiles would explode until all earthly beings had conformed. A frightening thought indeed.

For some reason life returned to normal, except the fear level was much higher. Everyday the news was reporting missles exploding in different countries around the world. It had a very Big Brother feel to it. Fear that every action you make, or word you utter will bring down a wrath and fury most feared. I was walking around town with Matt, and my mom and dad, heading towards a restaurant when an explosion knocked us down and shook the city. We saw a large factory down by the water explode, water shooting up into the air, the building and the people around it disappearing into the crater created by the explosion. Everyone starts running again, and that's when I woke up. Definitely a very odd, and fear inspiring dream.