Sunday, February 26, 2006

My New Toy

Well, Matt and I joined the gym this week, and I love it. I didn't think I missed working out, but apparently I did lol. My favourite thing to do is workout on the Eliptical, or Cross-Trainer. It's so much fun hehe. Although, not so much fun if you're not listening to music. You notice the time drag on a lot more lol. They have the radio playing but it's so quiet, and the radio pretty much sucks around here lately. Too much bad 80's rock...not my bag baby. Anyway, Matt and I have an mp3 player, but technically it's his, so I feel bad asking if I can use it lol. I don't want him getting bored either. Well, he let me use it on Saturday for my running, and the time flew by so fast! It makes it much more enjoyable. I had been thinking about buying my own mp3 player up to that point but I hadn't completely decided. Well, that solidified my decision. I was on the hunt from that moment on. I hit Future Shop this morning and found the one I wanted.



It's an MPIO 555 512MB. I looked at a 1G one, but I don't need one that big lol. It's really not a huge deal to delete songs and reload. It's so simple stupid to use that I can change my music whenever I want. I'm very anti-iPod, so that wasn't even a consideration for me. And the Future Shop guy agreed with me. The sales guy was actually very helpful! He asked me what I wanted it for, and he helped me pick one based on what I needed it for. He didn't steer me towards the most expensive, and he told me which ones to avoid. He was very good at his job lol. I didn't mind giving him his commission lol. So yeah, that's my new toy! Now I can't wait to hit the gym again!

My other favourite part of going to the gym? I've become quite keen on lifting weights lol. It's kind of fun, in a painful sort of way!! And the swimming at the end of my workout is like the triple-decker chocolate sundae on a hot summer day. It's my little reward for doing such a good job being good!!

Sara
-Who almost wants to go workout again...too bad her arms are so sore lol.