Sunday, April 09, 2006

It finally hit me....

I've been tossing ideas around in my head for something nice to do for Colin for being a new daddy. I've had great ideas for photographs, and different graphic ideas I could do with various pictures I have of him and Keenan, but nothing really struck me. Besides that everyone else is giving them pictures of Keenan and themselves. I wanted to do something that he could look at and know right away that it was from me, and have it mean something special to him. Well, as I mentioned before, I'm in love with the song "With My Own Two Hands" by Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. I was listening to that song when Keenan was in the hospital and I said to Matt, "This is Keenan's song." It's about strength, courage and determination. It's about admitting that you need help, but knowing that you can make a difference as one person. Well, there is a specific part of that song that I think fits Colin and Keenan. It goes like this:

I'm gonna make it a brighter place
With my own two hands
I'm gonna make it a safer place
With my own two hands...

I can hold you
With my own two hands
I can comfort you
With my own two hands...

With my own
With my own two hands.

Now, bear those verses in mind as you look at what I created to give to Colin to celebrate the birth of Keenan, and his new role as daddy.


I have it framed in a nice black frame with white matboard. I'm going to give it to him next weekend when they come to Elliot for Easter. :o)

Sara