Sunday, April 09, 2006

Why yes, Matt, plastic does melt with fire....

LOL In one of Matt's greatest moments of brilliance, we are now short one barbeque brush hehe. We were getting ready for dinner, Matt goes out and turns on the barbeque to warm it up. We get the burgers ready, get my hot dog ready and he goes out to throw them on the grill. As he steps out the door he's welcomed by flames shooting out the back of the barbeque (which is up against a wooden fence I might add lol). He lifts the lid to find the barbeque brush on the grill hehehe. He forgot to take it off the grill before lighting it lol. He runs in grabs the water spritzer and starts his attack on the flames shooting out the barbeque lol. I go out, see the fire and go back in for a glass of water to douse the flames. When I get back outside Matt has just about won his battle with the flames, but I smother the last of them with my glass of water. Honestly, I couldn't help but laugh lol. Matt had to take apart the barbeque so he could scrape all the melted plastic off the grill, the burner cover and the inside of the barbeque lol. I went outside to watch and tried to keep the grin off my face lol. He's laughing about it now, but at the time I think he felt a little silly lol.

So what valuable lessons did we learn today, kids? Don't ever put a plastic barbeque brush inside a barbeque when you're not using it. If you do, ALWAYS remember to remove it before starting your barbeque!

Sara