Friday, April 29, 2005

The Joys of Reality...

Well, I'm off to drop off some resumes to the local school boards today. I'm hoping to land an EA job, which would be great! I'm applying to the public school board as well as the Catholic school board. I'm not Catholic, but my friends mom has been getting my name around, and a principle of one of the local Catholic schools said I should get my resumes in ASAP, he says my qualifications are great and I stand a good chance of getting hired. So here I am, drinking my coffee, nervous about dropping off my resumes.

I wrote my last exam yesterday, and reality is setting in. I have 5 weeks of placement and then I'm in the real world. I won't have the security and comfort zone of school. It's come the time of Do or Die...Sink or Swim. (Think I could use another cliche??). I'm willing to take any job I can get at first, just to get money coming in. Then I'll focus on getting the job I want. I don't want to have to leave North Bay because I want to be able to stay and live with Matt, so I'll take what I can get at first. As long as I can make enough to meet rent and bills, then that's all that matters. Everything else is secondary. Between the two of us, I think Matt and I will be able to make things work.

If I can get a fulltime or two part time jobs as an EA (education assistant), I'd be laughing. I'd be stressed out, but I'd be making great money. Pair that with the money Matt could be making at the Comm Centre, we'd be set. We could get a nice apartment and start focusing on paying down our student loans, and various other debt. I don't want to count our chickens before they hatch (see another cliche!), but it could all work out so perfectly. I just keep sending out the positive vibes, and telling the universe we deserve it. We've had to endure a lot of hardships in the 8 months we've been together, and we've survived all of it, and come out stronger in the end. It's due time for some reward, and I want this to be it. I want this so bad, I can taste it. And Matt does too. We're more than ready to get out on our own and start our life together. So I'm telling the universe that I want it, I'll respect the gift I'm given, and make the most of it. I'm determined to make a success of myself.

With that said, I'm a little less nervous about handing in these resumes. In fact I'm starting to get excited. It would just be easier to get there if I had a car lol. I HATE BUSES!!!!!

Sara