Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Okay...when does life get better?

No really, I'm serious. Matt's been trying so hard to get into policing and it just seems that no one wants to take him onto their force. He kills the prep tests when it's time, and he always really impresses them, but somehow it's just never enough! Now, I know I'm jumping to conclusions here, but man, it's hard not to. When he finished his second interview last week the interviewers told him that he would hear early this week whether or not he passed to the next phase of the application process. Well, it's Wednesday and still no word. I have a sinking feeling that he's going to be getting that oh-so-lovely letter in the mail saying "Thank you for your interest in the position of police constable. We regret to inform you.....blah blah blah." I'm so afraid that that's the news we're going to hear. And as far as job hunting goes for him, THERE'S NOTHING!!! The job market is disgusting!!! And money is tight....it's just so frustrating. Just when you start to get ahead and you think life is going to get on track, BAM...Fate hits you with another one. And I know, we haven't officially heard the verdict on the job with the Greater Sudbury Police Service, but with each day that passes it gets harder and harder to be positive and optimistic about it. I hope I'm wrong.

Sara