Friday, February 17, 2006

What a Day....

I thought this day was going to be fantastic! I got to work and we had so few kids because of the huge snow storm last night. It was going to be a really easy day, and I was right. So easy in fact that I got to go home early. I called Matt to let him know, because we were going home to Elliot for the weekend. I was thrilled. We could leave in the daylight and get to Elliot at a decent time. Apparently Fate had other ideas. We were driving down Douglas St on our way out of the city when a cab blatantly cut us off and rear-ended the vehicle in front of him. Matt stopped for obvious reasons (ie: an accident lol) We just finished commenting on that fender bender and coming to a stop when WHAM....we got rear-ended. I kid you not. We got out to see the damage and it wasn't huge, but it was significant enough that we need to get repairs. It turned out that the guy broke our brake light panel, right in the middle. Once we exchanged insurance information with the guy I called my dad because he has amazing resources lol. My dad managed to track down a used rear brake light panel and a guy who would install it for us, all for just $75 plus labour. Then my dad said that he wanted to pay for it. We just breathed a huge sigh of relief. Even if my dad hadn't offered to pay for it we'd have been able to afford it. Admittedly it would have been a thorn in our side, but we could have managed. So that's been our day! However, despite everything that happened I'm still in a fantastic mood. It must have something to do with being home lol. Matt and I were so excited to leave Sudbury for the weekend. We just needed time away. I also got some more good news this week. I got approved for my interest relief application for my student loans, so I'm able to get 6 months of no payments and interest relief. The government will cover my interest payments for those 6 months. I was so excited. That saves us $300 a month. Now we're just waiting to hear if Matt's been approved.

So, now that I'm at home I'm happy. I'm tired but I'm happy hehe. Here's to a good weekend, and hopefully this is the last shocker Fate has in store for us.