Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Moms

Life has been getting me down lately. It just seems like one giant struggle. And through all of that I have Matt keeping me propped up. I've been sick, and we've been trying to keep our heads above water, and all our hard work is finally paying off. Matt doesn't have a job yet, but at least we've managed to meet our obligations this month with a little btit of a buffer left. Yet I still feel the need to go home. It seems completely illogical, and I know that I can't really justify it, but I want to go home.

When life gets me down like this, it's mom that makes me feel better. Just the sound of her voice makes my world fall back into place. She just brings everything into focus. She's my sounding board and my advisor. She's able to think of things that I'm not because I'm too involved in the situation. In many ways my mom's my best friend. It's amazing the insight moms can give when it seems like there's no way out, no way to fix things. When I walk into my parents house it just feels like peace. It's so calm, and so peaceful. A wave of tranquility passes over me, and for a few days I forget about life and how crappy it is, and just enjoy the company of Matt and my family. I almost always get to see my grandpa, and of course there's always the snuggles with my Kirby-san. Nothing beats a good playfight and snuggle with the Kirbster.

Here's hoping I get to go home soon. I need a weekend away from the apartment and all the reminders of the ways life could be easier. I need Matt, my mom, my dad, and my Kirby-san for a weekend.

Sara