Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Mmmm Cake....Wedding Plans Pt. 2

So I've heard back from the cake lady in Elliot Lake, and she's basically given me free reign to come up with my own cake design. Once Matt and I decide on a cake we can sit down with her and discuss what can work, what can't, what flavours and icings we want, and what colours. She can also do up a sample for us (which Matt's excited about lol, and me!!) So I hit the internet and started checking out wedding cake pictures, just to get some ideas. She says she also has books we can look through when we go if we'd like some more ideas. But, after about 10 minutes of searching I found two cakes that almost completely sum up exactly what I'm looking for in a cake. one day when I'm feeling brave I might sit down and draw up exactly what I want using these pictures, but for now you have to use your imagination lol.

This first picture is what I want for icing. I love the look of fondant, and I really really like the swag look. It's very classy yet very simple (which is exactly how I want our wedding to come across as well!! I try to live my life like that :oP). I love the 3 tiered look, but I don't want all the tiers attached. I want each tier to be separate, since we're serving it as dessert. I have a picture for the cake stand I'd like too!!






The second aspect of the cake is the decorations. I want lilies, since that's going to be the major flower in my bouquet. I found this cake that has stargazer lilies all over it, and that's exactly what I want except I don't want stargazer lilies, I just want regular white lilies. They don't have to be real flowers, infact I don't want them to be. Hoepfully it won't be too much work to make icing flowers!! lol. I'll probably show the cake lady the cake ideas I have and she'll freak lol. For a little bit of accent colour I'd like it if she could add some purple in there, since that's my colour for the wedding. I have some lavender in my bouquet so maybe she can add some lavender in there....who knows. Like I said, it's all ideas so far. OH OH!!! I just had an idea!! I wonder if she could dye the fondant for the swag to match my purple colour??? Could you imagine how sharp that would look with the white lilies??? Hmmmm...I'll log that one away for future reference!!! :oD (Okay, I'm getting way too into this lol)


The stand I like is pretty modern, but I think it's really pretty. It's a 3-level cake stand just like this one, they're all separated to make it easier to serve for dessert. Of course, I can only go with what she has, so obviously this is something I'll have to compromise on lol. The last thing I'd want to do is become a bridezilla lol. So that's basically what I want for a cake. If you can make sense of that, more power to you!! lol...after trying to explain all of this I'm realizing that it probably would be a good idea to draw up an example, as best I can, of what it is I'm looking for lol.

As for the flavours, Matt really wants chocolate cake with white icing, and I'm cool with that. Cake is cake lol. As long as it tastes good and people enjoy it!

So that's all for now as far as wedding plans go! I'm sure the cake will end up costing more than my dress lol...scary thought!!!

Sara
-Who's counting down....13 months to the day until the wedding!