Thursday, June 01, 2006

Meme Part #2

MEME Part II

1. If you could only repent for one thing when you die, what would you choose?
That I didn’t always have the courage to stand up for my beliefs.

2. What are 3 things in your life that you feel you honestly deserve?
Respect for who I am
A good life, with happiness and love
A house and a new car

3. When was the last time you had to search most deeply for your inner strength?
Sunday night, when I had to take Matt to the bus station for his training. That’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.

4. How many simple things have you learned to appreciate more for one reason or another?
Lots, like Matt’s random singing, his little tickles, and touches. Now that he’s not here I don’t realize how much I liked it.

I also love when the kids at work sit in my lap, or come over to me just for a hug. It makes me feel so good, and they give such great hugs! God, I love kids.

Simplicity of life. Sometimes life doesn’t need to be complicated. Since I had my breakdown I’ve learned that life isn’t worth stressing out over the little things. Like I said, life doesn’t need to be complicated. I still lose sight of that sometimes, but it’s a learning process.

5. What truth about yourself do you wish wasn’t so?
I wish that I wasn’t so hard on myself. I am truly my own worst enemy. – I have to agree with you Bea. I bring myself down a lot. Not as much as I used to, but I’m still very hard on myself and I figure I should know how, and be able to do anything that’s required of me in a prompt fashion, and perfectly. (Let’s not even get into self-image. I’m really hard on myself with that as well.)

6. What is the biggest age difference you can tolerate between you and your partner?
Well, I’ve dated a guy who was 4 years older than me, I dated a guy who was 2 years younger then me, and now I have Matt who’s 4 months younger than me. I’m comfy with that hehe. Honestly, some days he seems so much more mature than me! lol But what is they say? Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional.

7. What is the most expensive thing in your clothing closet?
Holy crap….ummmm…if it was here it would be my old prom dress, it cost $200…but here in Sudbury, it would have to be…*thinks* Matt’s Columbia dress pants lol. I kid you not, they cost $80! Thank goodness they were a gift! (BTW none of my clothes cost that much lol)

8.What is the fondest memory you have of your mother?
Well, it’s not the fondest memory, but it’s a good one. It seems very odd, but I have this great memory of my mom and I playing with my Barbie’s out on the front step at our old house in Sault Ste. Marie. She was helping me dress them, and teaching me to brush their hair and style it. It’s funny because I rarely played with my Barbie’s, but that’s one memory I don’t think I’ll ever forget lol. Funny how Some things stick with you.

9. What was the job you had before your current position?
Working in the depths of hell at a daycare that shouldn’t be running. I loved working with the kids, but I hated the centre and the people who ran it.

10. Have you ever been sexually harassed at work? If so, what happened?I was harassed (and even stalked) by a creepy guy when I worked at the golf Course. It was actually pretty scary. He would come by my favourite places when I was there, he’d drive by the house, and he even went so far as to invite me to his house for dinner on his birthday. He wouldn’t stop harassing me. And it’s really scary because when you’re not in that situation you think you’re strong enough to stand up for yourself, but it’s totally different when you’re actually in it. You get so flustered, and you’re caught off guard. It’s very hard to stand up for yourself.

11. List 8 of your pet peeves
1. JOGGING PANTS!!!!! Why oh why did we ever invent jogging pants??? They’re unsightly enough at home, but why, God, WHY do people insist on wearing them in public?!?!.
2. People who don’t wear deoderant or refuse to bathe when they smell so horrid.
3. People who make fun of cops, or "hate" cops.
4. Women/Girls who wear entirely too much makeup.
5. Clothing industry. Why do they feel the need to sell micro-mini skirts and form fitting spaghetti strap tank tops to 8 and 10 year old girls?? There’s something wrong with this…not to mention the fact that there's no such thing as standardized sizing. I can be a size 12 in one store, and go to the next one and be a size 18. No wonder I have body issues.
6. Noisy neighbours
7. Lying – I mean really, you get into more trouble when you get caught for lying than you would if you just admitted the truth. (This includes pathological liars).
8. Gossiping – It’s not a sport people….you don’t get points for being the one to badmouth the most people. Let it go!!! If it’s something that bothers you that much, tell the person who’s bothering you. Don’t tell eeeeeveryone else and then "hope" it doesn’t get around to the other person. It always does, and it always ends badly.

12. What is one of your biggest fears and how might you overcome it?My biggest fear is that my life with Matt might change. It’s part of what brought about my whole little panic-attack. I heard a voice in my head that said I didn’t love him anymore, and I knew that wasn’t true. But it got me to thinking about whether I did or not, and what life would be like without him, and what I would do if he left me, etc. And it quite honestly scared the crap out of me. He’s my whole world, and I can’t imagine my life with anybody else.